Kids nowadays are either glued to their phone, TV or online games hibernating in their bedroom. So it’s not a surprise that the statistics of overweight and obese children in the UK has risen dramatically. It is now important than ever to not just focus on food but to also focus on getting kids active, and then having fun whilst doing so, because there is nothing worse than trying to get your kids to do something which they do not enjoy. There are plenty of different sports which kids can get involved in, for example, netball, football, rugby, cricket, swimming and athletics – however many people forget about shooting. Shooting has been one of the longest sports and there are multiple health benefits of shooting, such as, increasing your physical and mental discipline, building muscles and strengthening your arms and also improving social skills.
There are multiple different types of shooting sports for example, clay pigeon shooting, airsoft and BB gun games, hunting and so many more. Airsoft has become incredibly popular amongst young people in the recent years, as it is seen as you’re in a real-life online game, that is why we encourage parents to get their children into airsoft sports, and here are some of the benefits:
- Airsoft sports do require rules, meaning that it teaches people to follow rules – a vital lesson in life.
- You’re able to have fun with your friends and family, not only this but because you’re working in a team and by yourself it teaches you key skills such as, team work, independent and social skills. Valuable when you’re applying for a job later on in life.
- Meeting likeminded people and build lasting relationships.
- Airsoft games are fun and also keeps you fit and healthy. Why is this? Well the games often require a lot of running, jogging, crawling and jumping, meaning that you get a great cardiovascular workout.
- Benefit from all the benefits of shooting in general, such as improving your hand-eye coordination and increasing mental discipline.
- Brings one close to nature.
It is important to do your research beforehand so that you’re fully prepared, talking to shooting experts is also advised as you’re able to gather equipment and guns together which will benefit you and help you shoot better. Pownalls is a leading gun company where you can purchase your browning airguns, and other equipment from.